Sunday, December 23, 2007

Brody the Devil Dog

Yes, our second store opened. Because of annoying delays, we opened late on December 3rd. It was a very busy December at both stores, and the staff at the new store is so new that Brandon had to work long hours to get it all done. One night, I drove out to help him and we didn't get home until about 11 p.m. When we finally got home, exhausted and ready for bed, we found that Brody (the puppy) had opened the door from the laundry room and all the dogs had been OUT WILD IN THE HOUSE!

Talk about disaster! Every single stuffed Christmas decoration was shredded. Even the three-foot Santa that stands by the door! Shredded. Ripped up. Demolished. Broken and chewed up ornaments. Shattered glass from ornaments everywhere. Potpourri strewn about and ground into the carpet, all the pillows off the couches, hair and scratch marks on the couches, three different pee spots, and a big pile of poop in the dining room. It looked like we had been robbed! Even the drawers of the coffee table were pulled out! How does that happen?

The worst thing was that we were both exhausted. Poor Brandon looked like he'd been hit by a truck! So I sent him to bed and started the big clean up. When I was telling my mom, she said, "So, did you call the pound to take Brody back?"

I told Brandon we should change his name to Lucifer. He's so naughty.

I forgot to tell you that under the tree was a package from my friend Cindy. On top of the package was a bag of chocolate ornaments. When the dogs got out, all that was left was the bag and bits of the foil! So guess what I came home to the NEXT day? Diarrhea in the laundry room all over the rug and tile. Yuck. At least neither of them died.

We wanted to go to Prescott for Christmas for a couple of days, but every boarding place we called said they'd been booked for months. I guess we should have thought ahead. We had places for Daisy and Ellie, but I can't really ask anyone to take Brody if I want them to be my friends afterward...

So, that's my life right now. Recovering from busy times at the stores, traffic school today (just as torturous as you might expect), and a naughty puppy ruling my life. Good thing he's cute!

No comments: